The Makai 125 Series Ukuleles feature traditional Hawaiian Koa with a modern, attractive, solid spruce top. An active preamp system for amplifying your Ukulele for performance. The florentine cutaway allows access to upper frets and with its mother of pearl rosette creates a stunning instrument to behold.
Hawaiian Koa has been treasured for hundreds of years by the Hawaiians. They have used it for anything from outrigger canoes, paddles, boxes, furniture, to recently Ukuleles. It is an excellent tone wood which produces a rich, warm sound. Koa is renowned for its iridescent shimmer and luscious color which ranges from tan to warm gold with brown and black accents. A dense tropical hardwood, Koa blends midrange focus with extra top-end brightness and chime.
The more a Koa ukulele is played and opens up the more its midrange overtones add warmth and sweetness to its voice. Adding a Solid Spruce face to this range, you get an exceptional combination of traditional island sounds with a modern, bright attack.
- Tenor size
- Solid Spruce top
- Figured Hawaiian Koa back and sides
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- Maple body and neck binding
- Mother of pearl face and rosette inlay
- Hawaiian Koa headstock veneer
- Florentine cutaway
- Aquila Nylgut strings from Italy
- Geared machine heads with chrome tuners
- High gloss finish
- Belcat active pick up system with built in tuner