The American Performer Mustang Bass includes the Yosemite™ split-coil Mustang Bass middle pickup and a growling Yosemite single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup, designed for rich, expressive tones.
With flat-staggered pole pieces to increase output and a shellac coating that lets the coils breathe while controlling feedback, Yosemite pickups produce dynamic sounds ideal for any musical situation. The American Performer Mustang Bass also features Greasebucket™ tone circuitry that lets you shape your highs without adding bass, preserving your sound.
The “Modern C”-shaped neck sports a 9.5”-radius fingerboard that’s comfortable for almost any playing style, along with 19 medium-jumbo frets for effortless and accurate bending.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Mustang® Bass
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape Modern "C"
- Scale Length 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 19
- Frets Size Medium Jumbo
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays White Dots
- Truss Rods Standard
- Truss Rod Wrench 3/16" Hex (Allen)
- Bridge Pickup Yosemite™ Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup Yosemite Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass
- Controls Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master
- Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass)
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 4-Saddle American Performer Mustang Bass
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Fender® "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with
- Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs Black Plastic
Strings Fender® USA Bass 5250XL Short-Scale NPS, (.040-.095 Gauges)