The MR Series of acoustic guitars represents Cort’s mission to provide the highest quality traditional instruments with superb workmanship and modern features at an unbeatable value. The classic dreadnought body has a Venetian cutaway for easy high fret access and is equipped with Fishman electronics to deliver the MR’s natural acoustic sound to an amplification system for both live and recording applications.
SOLID SITKA SPRUCE TOP - Spruce provides an ideal balance between strength and flexibility, hence its overwhelming popularity as the wood of choice for tops of acoustic guitars. Spruce’s versatile sonic character makes it ideal for a variety of musical genres and playing styles. MADAGASCAR ROSEWOOD BACK & SIDES - Very similar in look and sonic character as Brazilian rosewood, the Madagascar rosewood has reddish grains which help it stand out from various rosewood species. Brighter with less bass than Indian rosewood, the Madagascar features more high-end presence and sparkle with more liveliness and immediate tactile response.
FISHMAN PRESYS EQ - 3-Band EQ, LED tuner, and phase control offers sonic flexibility as well as convenience for a variety of playing situations where amplification is needed.
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint
- CUTAWAY: Venetian Cutaway
- BODY: Dreadnought Cutaway Body
- NUT WIDTH: 43mm (1 11/16″)
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- BACK & SIDES: Madagascar Rosewood Back & Sides
- NECK: Mahogany Neck
- FRETBOARD: Rosewood Fingerboard
- FRETS: 20 Frets
- SCALE: 25.3″ (643mm)
- INLAY: Dot Inlay
- ROSETTE: Multiple Abalone Rosette
- BRIDGE: Rosewood Bridge
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman Presys EQ – Sonicore Pickup
- STRINGS: D’Addario EXP16 Strings
- BRACING: Advanced Scalloped X-Bracing
- SPECIAL: Genuine Bone Nut & Saddle
- Sonically Enhanced UV Finish