Fusing classic BOSS octave tones with the latest tracking technologies, the BOSS OC-5 sets a new standard in octave pedal performance. Vintage mode provides a spot-on recreation of the legendary mono OC-2 from 1982, while Poly mode offers numerous enhancements for extended-range playing. And with the addition of an octave-up feature, a span of three octaves is now available for creative exploration. From fat, low mono sounds to octave-shifted chords and more, the OC-5 delivers the widest range, finest sound quality, and best playability in any octave stomp to date.
Powered by the latest real-time processing technologies from BOSS, the OC-5 provides exceptional sound and playability for the most expressive octave experience ever. A key feature is the newly developed tracking engine, which delivers clean, accurate performance with no latency. The OC-5 also offers wider range and greater polyphonic capabilities than previous OC models, covering all your octave needs in one high-performance pedal.
The OC-5 also features an evolved version of the smart Poly mode first introduced with the OC-3 Super Octave, letting you play full chords with octave effects. The variable Range knob restricts the effect to the lower notes on your instrument, perfect for playing octave bass lines alongside normal chords and melodies in the higher registers. And with the new tracking refinements, it’s even possible to isolate the octave effect to the bottom note in a chord—just turn the Range knob to the “Lowest” setting.
- The industry-standard octave pedal, updated with enhanced features
- Newly developed tracking technology provides more accurate response and natural feel with no latency
- Vintage mode faithfully reproduces the mono sound of the original OC-2
- Poly mode for chord playing; Range knob sets the note range where the effect is applied
- Lowest Range setting in Poly mode applies the octave effect to only the lowest note in a chord
- New octave-up effect, available on its own or blended with octave-down effects
- Mode switch optimizes the tracking engine for guitar or bass
- Direct out for wet/dry setups
- BOSS five-year warranty